Hey everybody. So, today, I called Molly and asked her if she wanted to do anything today. After looking at the list for roughly forty-five minutes, we decided that there were a lot of similar items on the list. Also, that we didn’t want to do a lot of the items on the list. So, two hours and fifteen minutes later, we have created the final summer to do list. Take a look and if you guys have any ideas, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We got rid of about 40 of the list items and then we struggled to find all forty more. We Googled ‘Summer Bucket List’ and ‘things for teens to do in the summer’ and finally we came up with fun, random, things that we actually want to do and not just boring things that about half were just the same things reworded.
Well, here is the final Summer 2012 List a la Molly and Alicia.
1. Go for a walk/run/jog in the woods/park.
2. Get some chalk. Play hopscotch and draw
3. Read a good book in a hammock.
4. Go on a nature hike.
5. Play some raquetball/basketball/badminton.
6. Go to a farmers’ market. Buy at least one weird thing you’ve never eaten before.
7. Play catch with eggs
8. Go to a yoga class.
9. Go on a bike ride.
10. Make a nature photo collage.
11. Write a letter to each other, but do not read it until we are done with the to do list.
12. Look at stars one night.
13. Ask for a krabby patty at McDonald’s
14. Fill a mayo jar with vanilla pudding and eat it in public
15. Convince a random person that you’re their long-lost third cousin.
16. Write messages on note cards. Stick the note cards in balloons and blow them up. Hang the balloons on friends/neighbors porches. When they pop the balloon they read the secret message
17. Melt Crayons
18. Take dog for walk and runs.
19. Write: This way to the Ministry of Magic on a public toilet.
20. Have a picnic.
21. Have an overnight movie marathon.
22. Buy and use and develop an underwater camera.
23. Make someone a meal
24. Make ice cream sandwiches
25. Go fishing.
26. Learn how to cartwheel
27. Create a photo journal.
28. Make a kite.
29. Get tan.
30. Play cards.
31. Have a tea party
32. Watch the sunrise.
33. Watch the sunset
34. Make a collage out of old magazines.
36. Skip stones at a lake.
37. Give your dog/pet a bath outside.
38. Leave notes in library books for the next person to find.
39. Run through a sprinkler.
40. Sleep until noon – once.
42. See some fireworks.
43. See a professional baseball game. Cough cough Cubs.
44. Play mini-golf
45.Create a lip-sync
46. Leave initials (and possibly hand print) in wet concrete.
47. Go to the zoo.
48. Get out ears pierced (Molly’s 2nd and Alicia’s 3rd)
49. Play Tag In The Rain.
50. Get Bikes. 51. Bike five miles.
52. Go to the YMCA.
53. Write a complaint/satisfaction letter, just to get free stuff.
54. Go to Quincy.
55. Fill up a whole coloring book.
56. Destroy a watermelon.
57. Hang out with friends.
58. Learn a new hobby.
59. READ books.
60. Go to the movies.
61. Go to the library.
62. Go to build-a-bear.
63. Stay outside for 12 hours straight.
64. Get gelato.
65. Celebrate a foreign holiday the way the natives do.
66. Get a tan tattoo.
67. Convince someone you’re from a foreign country.
68. Wake up every morning before 9:00 a.m.
69. Water fight. Including but not limited to: balloons, guns, hoses, and buckets.
70. Superglue a quarter to the ground.
71. Bake Dog Treats.
72. Go 24 hours without food.
73. People watch.
74. (Alicia) enter a photo contest.
75. Buy a goldfish.
76. Answer phones like buddy the elf.
77. Bake a batch of really cute cupcakes.
78. No TV or computer or 3 days
79. Make stepping stones.
80. Write a letter to the editor. 81. Pick an official summer song.
82. Go To An Outdoor movie.
83. Mow the Lawn.
84. Make ice cream.
85. Spend one whole day barefoot.
86. Attempt Origami.
87. Create something made out of duct tape.
88. Make waffles
89. Make a blanket fort
90. Learn the Dance to Single Ladies
91. Watch a foreign film.
92. Make Popsicles.
93. Jump into a pool fully clothed.
94. Carve your name into a tree.
95. Make a bird feeder
96. Go to an “Open Late” restaurant past midnight
97. Continue into my journey of photography. Yes, this means experiment on Molly and nature, anything and everything.
98. Buy Ice Cream From The Ice Cream Truck.
99. Go to a midnight movie premiere
100. Sleep on the floor for one night
101. Learn to Barbeque
102. Face Paint.
103. Go to an aquarium
104. Eat Kabobs.
105. Learn 10 new words. And actually use them.
106. Complete a puzzle.
107. Put up posters looking for a pet rock.
108. Have a campfire.
109. Go Flower-Picking.
110. Have a Disney movie marathon.
111. No facebook for two weeks.
112. Have A Spa Day.
113. Make a time capsule to open after college graduation.
114. Finger paint a picture.
115. Say ‘yes’ to everything for one day.
116. Carve a watermelon.
117. Celebrate a holiday you created.
118. Blow Bubbles.
119. Go to another state.
120. Pull an all nighter.
121. Buy an entire outfit from a second-hand store.
122. Go bowling
123. Make Monkey Bread.
124. Go to Hobby Lobby
125. Leave my signature everywhere.
126. Make S’mores.
127. Order A Pizza.
128. Watch Gone with the wind
129. Watch My Week with Marilyn.
130.Eat breakfast outside.
131. Order something in another language.
132. Make a phone solicitor hang up on me.
133. Go golfing.
134. Call the customer service (of a service provider you like)
135. Be a vegan for a week.
136. Learn to say “hello” in 10 languages
137. Jumping out of random closets in Ikea, yelling: “Oh my god, Narnia is so awesome!”
138. Look At Clouds
139. Go To The Mall From When It Opens To When It Closes.
140. Make play dough.
141. Make some Jewelery
142. Attempt to teach Rosie a trick
143. Create a video depicting the results of the summer of 2012.
144. Have Fun!!!!!!!
There you have it. If we for some reason have the same thing more than once, please let us know.
Much Love and Summer Fun,
Alicia and Molly 🙂