Hey everyone. Yesterday, we talked about making bird feeders and finger painting. We thought we could have made our bird feeders yesterday but the paint had to dry for 24 hours. So, we made them today.
So, in case you guys want to make a fun bird feeder like we did, here’s what to do.
What you need:
- 4″ inch diameter clay pot with drainage hole
- 6″ inch diameter clay saucer
- Acrylic paint and paintbrush (because we finger painted, we didn’t use the paint brushes)
- 14″ inch length of leather cord
- Two 1″ inch diameter painted wood beads
- Gorilla Glue
- Heavy object
- Small flat chisel
- Paint the pot and saucer.
- Fold the cord in half and knot the ends together. Thread the folded end through one bead and through the pot from the inside out. Loosely knot the folded end to keep it from slipping back into the pot.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and run a thin bead of glue along the inner rim on the saucer. Place a heavy object on the pot for 24 hours.
- Scrape away any excess glue with the chisel. Untie the loose knot and thread the cord through the remaining bead. Knot the cord just above the bead.
There you have it. A really fun and simple way to make bird feeders.
Well, 81 days won’t last forever!!
Much Love and Summer Fun,
Alicia and Molly